Blog Post #6

   I'm planning on writing a research essay for my college professor. The research is about Barbados, more specifically, the relations between sugarcane and slavery in Barbados. I thought this subject seemed interesting because I was curious as to how the amount of sugarcane impacted slavery in Barbados or if it even had an impact at all. So far into my research, I have looked into the demand of sugarcane from the British, how the sugarcane was brought over by the help of the sugar revolutions,and the importance of that sugar and the uses. For example, the sugar created from sugarcane is used to make molasses and rum,which is now one of the main drinks in Barbados.
Writing essay has always been a weakness for me and it not something I'm not confident in. Challenges I always face when writing is getting my thoughts together to make everything organized. Especially when writing a research essay, I always feel like I need more information or I don't know enough information on he topic to write enough and that is what takes up the most time and makes it difficult. In the future, I plan to research the affect slavery had on the slaves in Barbados, the changes in the economy due to the sugarcane and much more.


Comments